- PFC-free means, that the water repellant treatment is done without the use of per-flourcarbonated chemicals.
Product Description by Lundhags
- LPC Stretch with Schoeller® Dry Skin stretch on seat, knees and crotch
- Shoeller® Keprotec® reinforced insteps
- Active fit with mid waist
- Crotch gusset for maximum freedom of movement
- Adjustment strap at waistband
- Leg pockets and hand pockets with zippers
- Pre-shaped knees
- Ventilation at inner thighs and bottom legs
- Hem adjustment and boot hook
- Weight 410 g
This bestseller by Lundhags has a focus on durability and functionality. Recycling is a challenge with this kind of fabric mix. But it is very positive, that the pants is not equipped with PFC’s to keep them dry.
9 / 15
GRV Transparency ToolLundhags - Makke Pants
- Lundhags is a traditional company with a focus on product quality.
- Long-term personal relationships to manufacturers stabilize the supply chain management and help to implement a code of conduct to respect workers rights and minimize environmental impacts.
- Dedicated staff follows a five-year plan to gain deeper knowledge on chemical impacts and other emissions.
- Products are designed to be easily repairable and long lasting.
- No end of use strategy jet
- The definition of environmentally friendlier materials is to have either recycled and/ or preferred materials.
- Social audits are done by Lundhags personally, as they entertain long lasting, personal relationships to manufacturers. In regards to the focussed portfolio this is an acceptable business practice.
- Lundhags takes part in Multi-stakeholder initiatives and has a lively dialogue with customers and outdoor actors to get feedback on product performance.
- No reporting jet. A five-year plan is in place to structure and measure CSR.
- Timeless durable design with good reparability.
- Main fabric is made from a mix of polyester (65%)/organic cotton (35%), the reinforcement textile is made from 90% recycled Polyamid and 10% Elastan.
- PFC free
- Polyester-Cotton mix is not jet recyclable but very durable
- Brand Management
- Brand Commitment
Brand Management for us at GRV means to look at all the issues, which are directly controlled and integrated by the Brand’s Management towards business and supply chain strategy as a whole.
With Brand Commitment GRV is looking at the pro-active efforts towards sustainable development on all levels like the % of sustainable product lines within the whole portfolio, or life cycle assessments and public reporting. These are key indicators of the engagement of a Brand towards responsibility.
On this level GRV is looking at product related information, like material content, supply chain and certification. Warranty, reparability and „end of use“ advice are also important aspects. At the moment, GRV is looking at selected highlight products from different product lines, which show the special sustainable efforts of the brand. Here is the overview of the products we looked at, if you want to know the details, go to the specific products.
Lundhags has two specially educated people to look after CSR within the company.less
They have formulated a new sustainability strategy with five-year goals on four focus areas. Transparency is one of the goals.
No 3rd party certificates which are directly linked to Lundhags, but dedicated people check the quality, environmental and social conditions first hand. In regards to the size and tradition of Lundhags this is a feasible strategy.less
Focus is on durability. Versatile, high function products, which are easy to repair.
Emission Management & Product Transport
Continuous improvement-plan to reduce transport CO2 emissions by selecting as many process steps as possible as locally as possible.
There is a code of conduct with all suppliers and long-time relationships with CMT manufacturers (cut make and trim). Almost all fabrics and trims are nominated. This means these are specified materials, which have been selected by Lundhags beforehand.less
Repair & End of Use
All products are designed to be easily repairable. Lundhags works with local repair centres, some of the repair happens in-house. Especially the shoe design allows for exceptional repair possibilities. No end of use solution so far, but this is part of the five year plan.less
Environmental & Social Projects
Lundhags makes some smaller efforts like helping refugees and regularly donations into 3rd world projects via Oxfam. Many members of the staff are dedicated in their private life to support different projects,less
New business strategy: only one collection a year, with different delivery slots connected to seasons. This reduces the need for sales meetings (only once a year) and sales travels.less
The new trade-show booth is made from untreated wood and steal to be used for at least five years.
Promotion material is slowly replaced by digital.
Packaging & Labeling
FSC certified paper, no water based inks, unbleached paper and cardboard.
Material Program & Testing
Externally nominated lab tests and a team to do field tests. Cooporation with Sverea (http://www.swerea.se/ivf -Swedish test and certification organization). Besides working with an RSL (Restricted Substance List) it is within the five year plan to gain a deeper knowledge to track and monitor chemical impact.less
Lundhags is part of the same group as Swix and Toko which gives Lundhags chemical support for the fabrics line.
Life Cycle Assessment
Besides the GRV Transparency Tool, Lundhags is evaluating to do GRI in 2018.
Share of “environmentally friendlier” products
Focus is definitely on long lasting products and performance. Their definition is to have mostly preferred materials:less
which are recycled fibres, materials coming from renewable and /or ecological resource.
Share of “socially responsible” products
Lundhags believes that work should be valuable and is not a bargain. Therefore Lundhags is working on transparency to identify if all workers along the supply chain have access to living wages.
Just starting the process of measuring fields of action like innovation amongst other things, first results are expected in 2018/19.
Lundhags organizes tours with bloggers and journalists to get first hand feedback. They are engaged in a lively dialogue with outdoor actors and enthusiasts.less
Multistakeholder initiatives include the Scandinavian outdoor group, the water initiative and EOG.
Sourcing Strategy & Supply Chain 1,2,3… Tier
Manufactured in Vietnam. One main suppliers is from South-Korea and the reinforcement fabric is from Switzerland. There is a code of conduct with all suppliers and long-time relationships with CMT manufacturers (cut make and trim). Almost all fabrics and trims are nominated. This means these are specified materials, which have been selected by Lundhags beforehand.less
Material & Recycling
Polyester (60)-Cotton (30)mix with 8% Polyamid, 2% Elastan. No recyclability of the final product so far, but until this product reaches its end of use, there is a good chance that the technical innovation allows for recycling.less
10% of the pants is bluesign® certified material through the ingredient brands.
Thanks to the long term and close relationships with their partners and the nomination of main materials, Lundhags has a good transparency within their supply chain.
Chemical Management (PFC’s)
Social &Environmental Management
Quality management and audits is managed by Lundhags staff.
Vegan- no animal content
Maintenance & Care
40°C, clothline drying, quick dry
Lundhags was founded 1932 in Jämtland by shoemaker Jonas Lundhag. The company is based in Järpen (Jämtland) and Stockholm, Sweden.
They specialize in outdoor clothing, boots and equipment and employ currently 34 people in the company.
Lundhags values: Authentic, functional, sustainable and nordic.