GreenroomVoice is a Swiss based an independent third party organization for communication on sustainability practice in the outdoor and board sports community.
Our goal is to foster clear, meaningful and trustworthy communication about CSR brand activities and their products.
Communication is a room with many doors. Once you open one, you will find that there are many more…
GreenroomVoice wants to be the place where communication is possible. We want to open the room to inform, shed light, share insight, give the overview on a complex part of our civilian life, which is the responsibility about what we buy and sell, and answer questions.
Communication leads to conversation, conversation leads to understanding, understanding leads to movement, movement leads to action and action is what changes our world.
The outdoor and board sport industry share a challenge. Retailers, media and consumers ask for more and better product and brand sustainability information. With the help of the GRV Transparency Tool, brands can communicate the ecological and social performance and its products in a transparent and easy to understand way. Jet with enough depths of information to make a statement, compare and identify the motivation and strong points of the brand’s management towards sustainability practice, product design and its vision for the end of use of the product.
We also work closely together with organizations like the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), Textile Exchange, the European Outdoor Group (EOG) and more, making sure that we move in the same direction.
We are a team of experts with backgrounds in sustainability, science, responsible management, textile engineering, communication and journalism. Together, we form an independent third party organization, working for both the brands and the world around them.
Textile Engineer & Change Management
Freelance consultant, Anna Rodewald holds a Diploma as Chemical Engineer and a M.A. in Responsible Management. With more than 20 years of experience within the global Textile and Sporting Goods Industry she started her own business in 2013 as a freelance consultant, coach and lecturer in sustainable development, quality, innovation and change management. Anna loves alpine sports, being and working outdoors and is building a small learning retreat center in Bavaria based on Permaculture design principles. She became part of GreenroomVoice in 2014.
Anna is writing the content and matrix of the Transparency Tool.
Co-Founder and CEO
Cira holds a diploma in Filmmaking and an M.A. in interactive Multimedia. She has been working as a board-sports journalist since the early 90’s. She Co-founded GreenroomVoice in 2012 to foster transparent communication on sustainably topics in the board-sports industry. This quickly developed into the outdoor industry, which is known for its critical consumer view on those topics. GreenroomVoice was born from the need for trustworthy and meaningful information on ecological and social impact.
Her main occupation the maintenance and building of brand partner relationships, press partners as well as retailers and tradeshows.
Cira enjoys surfing, snowboarding, horse riding and trekking and feels passionate about nature and it’s preservation.
- Global Strategy
- Project Management
- Tradeshow Coordination
- Media Coordination
Co-founder & Online Content Editor
Former editor in chief of Surftime magazine, Stéphane studied philosophy and communication in France before getting involved in journalism. Surfer and passionate waterman, Stéphane is the author of numerous stories and articles published in a wide array of travel and surf-magazines.
Co-founder of GreenroomVoice, he developed the online platform through the years to get the sustainable message to a broader audience. Stephane expertise’s as a journalist and copy writer helps to get the create specific editorial content with the perfect balance of storytelling and technical informations.
Stéphane is the photographer of the team, providing images to communicate about product testing, events and travel.
He is also a blogger, a big fan of stand up paddle and a dog guy.
- Editorial strategy
- Online content editing
GreenroomVoice was created in 2012 by Cira Riedel and Stéphane Robin: two journalists engaged in sustainability. Anna Rodewald joined the company in 2013 as an expert in textile engineering and sustainability.
GreenroomVoice is working with extended team of professionals in the field of sustainability management, material development, production and science:
GRV collaborates partners like AIR -Agence Innovation Responsable, the University of Chur and the Mon Viso Institute as science partners, Textile Exchange and the SAC (Sustainable Apparel Coalition) and more, making sure that we move in the same direction.
- GreenroomVoice is a platform for communicating sustainability of brands and their products.
- All partners go through the process of the GRV Transparency Tool.
- The GRV Transparency Tool is a questionnaire, which is scientifically supported by the HTW University of Chur in Switzerland and updated once a year. It allows transparency to a high degree towards the consumer/retailer/ press and enhances the communication of content, which shows environmental and social responsibility.
- The GRV website is dedicated to reference evaluated brands and their products.
- GRV is also present at the most relevant tradeshows to showcase the achievements of the industry: ISPO Inspire, Munich and Outdoor Show in Friedrichshafen.
- By creating educative material like the Down Guide by GRV with distribution in Germany’s climbing halls and selected retailers, GRV also communicates directly to the consumer.
- Media partnerships like with NORR Magazine show results of evaluated products in a PR context.
- GRV further offers customized PR support, as an add- on service for transparent and credible communication to brands.
- We also offer to check a brands sustainability communication to avoid misleading wording or to help with technical subjects and how to say complex things in a few words, which are easy to understand.
- GreenroomVoice is part of the Mycelium Partners: The independent network of entrepreneurs who work as interdisciplinary experts for sustainable and creative business solutions within the European sports and textile industry.